Vesta Sustainability Initiatives
Green and sustainable efforts are very important to the Secret Sauce family of restaurants. Each of our locations has been certified as a green business through the EPA and Certifiably Green Denver, due in large part to the following efforts:
- All of our restaurants source 100% clean wind power for every kilowatt-hour used, and wind power discounts are made available to our staff and guests through this program. (Guests also receive a $25 gift card to our restaurants when participating in Arcadia Power’s clean wind power program at www.arcadiapower.com/secretsauce. See below for more details.)
- In addition to sourcing wind power energy, the patio at Steuben’s uptown location is covered with a solar awning. Additional solar panels are located on the roof.
- All of our restaurants separate trash and recycling, while the kitchen and dishwashing areas include additional containers for compost waste. Vesta uses an additional service (Clear Intentions) for glass recycling to increase the percentage of glass that makes it to true recycling. Our takeout boxes are recyclable and made from 100% recycled paper.
- All of our restaurants participate in programs that pickup and recycle fryer oil weekly.
- All of our restaurants seek ingredients that are locally and/or responsibly produced to incorporate into their menus, when possible. Locally sourced products include vegetables and dairy products from the GrowHaus, Prairie Harvest Organics, MouCO, Fruition Farms, and numerous local beer and spirits producers. Local and sustainable products are requested from multiple-source suppliers like Grower’s Organic, Fresh Point, and Seattle Fish Company whenever possible.
We take great pride in our involvement in the local community and our greening efforts. We make a concerted effort to tour our vendor facilities to see their commitments to the environment, direct a large portion of our charity work towards local and green organizations, and are constantly trying to stay on top of the latest in environmentally friendly products and practices.
**Signing up with Arcadia Power means offsetting every kilowatt-hour of energy you use with clean wind power. You do not need to own your home to sign up. As of December 2015, the cost is an additional 1.5 cents per kilowatt-hour, meaning a $30 energy bill would become a $35 energy bill. Check your monthly bill to see how many kilowatt-hours you use. Visit www.arcadiapower.com/secretsauce for more information.